Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the weekend o' 20

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
My birthday weekend was practically perfect in every way.  Being low on funds, because, ya know,we're newlyweds attending college living in a basement we stayed in my Aunt's basement in Salt Lake for a weekend.  We shopped, ate at Cafe Rio and did a session at the SLC Temple.  I hadn't been to that temple since we were married, so it was a beautiful day.  Then we got a call from my Aunt, asking what my favorite cake was.  Obviously, she had something planned so we went back to her place and she surprised us with a delicious dinner complete with steak, salad, lobster and chocolate tower cake from Cheesecake Factory.  Basically, we were royally spoiled.  It was wonderful.  The next day we relaxed, watched movies, bought my birthday presents (cover for my Nook Color, Zumba video game for the Xbox Kinect, new slippers) and drove home.  It was wonderful.

Then we got back home, and I was expecting everything to be in the exact same place I left it.  A complete mess.  Then something magical happened.  My mother, for part of her birthday gift to me, had cleaned by living room, bathroom and the spare room that is slowly becoming JD's man cave.  I was so incredibly excited!

Life is good.  Things are good.  And now I've got homework to finish.  Happy 20 years to me.  The weekend left me time to reflect, set goals and decide what I want this next year to bring me.  More on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!