Wednesday, September 26, 2012

five things

Lately, I've been writing a lot of posts and not posting them.  Mostly because they end up turning into really personal, drawn out "journal" entry type posts.  However, I'm here.  And I'm going to share.  Maybe more than you want to ever know, but you'll enjoy (hopefully).

First of all, prayers were answered today.  My husband (finally) got a job!  He'll be a security officer at the Naughton Power Plant outside of town.  It's a great starting place, and if we ever want/need to move, he can transfer to one of the hundreds of places around the country that they do security for.  G4S services is a great place for us.  And I'm so happy and so excited for both of us.  Honestly, I feel as though the weight of the world has been lifted off of my shoulders.  We're in a much more stable place financially now.  We can now start saving up, working on getting our own place and thinking about starting a family within the next year or two.  So, life is grand.

Secondly, I still don't have a cellular device.  I've been waiting until my next paycheck because I bought textbooks with last month's paycheck.  I still have insurance on that phone, so I should be able to get a new one shipped to me for about $50.  Then, next year when my contract is up, I can get on my husbands plan and (maybe) get a smart phone.  Which would be phenomenal because I am (literally) the only person in my immediate family without a smart phone.

Third, classes are going great so far.  It's challenging to do solely online classes, mostly because you have to be incredibly self motivated to do it.  There's no class to go to, no professor to push you.  It's literally about you being able to push yourself to do it.  And it's a bit difficult to motivate myself.  But I'm doing well so far.  As long as it gets calendared, I generally can get it all accomplished.

Fourth, work is going splendidly.  I'm really enjoying working at the law office.  There's lots to learn, the hours work with my school schedule, and I love working with clients!  Our clients are the best.  Some are crazy, some are insane, some are absolutely sweet.  But it's nice to help people through a difficult time in their life whether it be divorce or bankruptcy, I love helping clients find relief from their strife and problems in life.

Fifth, JD and I have been watching this basically on repeat for the last 3 days straight.  THE CUTEST VIDEO EVER.  IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!