Thursday, November 14, 2013

universal truths

So, I recently started re-reading one of my absolute ALL TIME FAVORITE books, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (P.S. Thanks to my BFF Cody for letting me borrow it and read it for the first time when we were teenagers...I'll be honest, I am not positive if I ever returned it...Probably didn't...moving on).  Anyways, the first line and probably one of the most quoted lines from literature ever goes a little something like this:


It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.  -Jane Austen

And it got me thinking, what universal truths have evolved since Jane Austen published Pride and Prejudice in 1813.  I mean, certainly there must be a lot of them...here's a few I've come up with.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that...:

No matter who you are, you have at least one top 40's song that you love.  Yeah, I'm looking at you music snobs who only listen to people I've "probably never heard of."  I've seen One Direction on your Spotify playlist.
 photo Best_song_zps74fd18cd.gif
Yes...I am ashamed...

You can tell yourself just five more minutes on pinterest....then suddenly it has been an hour...

The aforementioned truth also goes for tumblr...I just can't quit you tumblr...

 photo tumblr_mkndehZVMl1qzvluyo1_500_zps047729af.gif
John Green can't quit tumblr either...

Nobody loves being dressed up.  No one, if someone says that they'd rather be wearing a dress and heels instead of sweatpants and t-shirt, they are LIARS.

 photo sweatpants-gif_zps3d9709e0.gif
Even the wig wearing and fake nails having real housewives love their sweatpants

Either you sing to yourself while doing almost anything, or you're not living life correctly.   

 photo post-16526-4ukP94kgif-WYb2_zps14f3ec07.gif
Also, everyone loves puns....even if you don't like puns, you sort of like puns.  

It's really important to be nice to everyone.  Because, everyone is dealing with difficult things in their lives.  

 photo tumblr_m390ddQr5E1rthzxgo1_500_zps09b2312e.gif
 Also, just for your own safety.  

So, another exciting thing happening in my life, I am starting the Beachbody Challenge program!  I purchased the Turbo Fire pack with the Chocolate Shakeology powder.  To be honest, I'm actually super about this!  My neighbor is a beach body coach and she's been awesome in helping me get started.  She helped me join a Beachbody Challenge Group (which I never even knew was a thing) and I'm honestly excited to start this.  I might not be as excited come Monday after the first workout, but right now I'm stoked.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!