Wednesday, January 16, 2013

the "other" man

I like to say that JD has two personalities.  The one that I fell in love with...and the one that comes out when he is asleep.

DISCLAIMER: I love him no matter what.  However, this beast comes alive when the man is asleep.  He's very affectionate and cuddly when he's awake.  Then the second the REM cycle begins, it is like this incredibly non-touchable menace is born.

I get cranky when I don't get enough rest, which is normal for most people. However, JD gets cranky when he is actually asleep, when he doesn't get enough rest or is dreaming.  I will never understand this.

Perfect Example: The other night I was having really bad, strange dreams.  I kept waking up so I attempted to shake JD awake, at which point he pulled his entire comforter around his face and rolled to the farthest side of the bed.  I fell back asleep...and had another scary dream.  I attempted to shake him awake again saying "JD...JD, honey..."  His response: "What?!"  I quietly said, "I had a bad dream."  His response:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"DEAL WITH IT."

At which point he rolled over and went back to sleep.

After I told him this story in the morning, I received lots of kisses, hugs and heard him say quite a few times, "I'm sorry my subconscious is such a jerk!"

It's hard to get mad at him with a face like this.

 JD circa 2008, shortly before his mission...yes, he still owns that beanie and t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!