Monday, December 10, 2012

that will be my life

One down...And it was the one I was the most worried about.

MATH.

This week, is the dreaded finals week.  And I am shaking in my boots.  Quite literally.  It's cold up here.  Snowy, windy (apparently) normal Wyoming weather.  At least one of the worst is over.  Now I just have two projects and two finals left to finish...by Thursday.

Yet, here I am, procrastinating the whole terrible ordeal.  I decided I passed my math exam with flying colors, so I deserve to have sometime on the internet.  Until I begin again writing my research paper for English.  Being in college is hard.

Today I was catching up on some blogs that I follow and I read this post by Ashley @i believe in unicorns.  Then, I read a post about that post here by Bree @scribbles and snapshots.  Guess what?  BOTH were answers to my prayers.  I was so happy to read about women in similar situations as I, struggling with the same concept/problem as I am.

What makes you happy?  I've never been a logical thinker.  I'm quite a creative mind.  I've never been content with doing things logically or having a "normal" job.  I've always wanted to make art, play with children, sing, write, read, play instruments, etc. for my career.  Currently, I love my career.  Being a paralegal is wonderful.  I enjoy helping people through difficult times.  Still, my creative mind often feels cramped and contained having to stay within the lines of legal protocol.  

However, I'm currently a college student.  I'm figuring out what I want to be when I grow up.  Currently, it's a teacher.  I love children.  I think I'd be just darling at it (to quote Ms. Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's).  Still, I want to be a mother.  I want to be a private voice teacher.  I want to be an elementary school teacher.  I want to be a writer.  I want to be an artist.  I really enjoy law, perhaps I'll even get my Juris Doctor one day.  It is completely difficult to decide what to be when I grow up.  Can't I just be a ballerina princess like I wanted to when I was four years old?

Life is beautiful.  Art is everywhere.  Spoken word, novels, music, even the sounds of children laughing.  Art is a wonderful thing and my main goal in life is to help everyone see that art lives all around us.  I want to make the world more beautiful. That is my goal in life. Now just to find my way getting there...



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that we live in a place where any of the things you said you would love to do are possible? You're going to figure it out, I just know it! Good luck with finals! And P.S. I love that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan... I absolutely LOVE to read the adventures of Mrs. Belcher, Haha! I think you're an amazing, TALENTED woman that can make a difference to anyone... and everyone! You always make me think about something when I read what you have to say. Don't stress about the smaller things... Focus on the amazing man that you've married, the family that you're surrounded with, and everything that we ALL seem to take for granted EVERYDAY. I think you're awesome! I think you're going to find the career that makes YOU the happiest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!