Friday, June 14, 2013

holy, i fell off the edge of the earth, batman!

Yeah...I'm not dead.  Promise.  I'll update you briefly on our entire lives up to right.....now.
  • We were going to buy a house.  The closing date was set for June 21, 2013.  Our loan and everything fell through.  So, a few more months in the basement of my parent's house it is.  Good thing they love us so much and have been so wonderful with letting us be there.  Luckily, I know that things happen for a reason and we're continuing the search for our dream house in Kemmerer, WY.
  • I got a new job.  I loved working for Blue Law Office, but I'm off doing bigger and better things.  I'm currently working for the Wyoming Highway Patrol as a Port of Entry Officer.  Basically, I have authority to issue permits and (in six months after I go to special officer school) write citations, I just don't carry a gun.  Which I am perfectly okay with.  Now we have good insurance, more steady and stable income and we're doing great!  I actually feel like I'm contributing to our family income instead of JD being the one making all of the dough.  Which makes me feel much better about not burdening the poor guy.
  • I have a new hobby.  QUILTING.  Love it.  My mother is part of a quilt guild, so I decided to join up.  It is much more fun than I anticipated!  I am loving it and feeling so ambitious I am planning on doing lots of quilts for Christmas gifts. 
  • JD and I are happy as ever.  We're really, really, really happy.  Even though we didn't get our house, the more we think about it, the happier we are that we didn't.  It wasn't our dream house, it was just a nice place.  Plus, something better is headed our way.
  • We will be celebrating our first anniversary next week.  Seriously, I can't believe it's been an entire year.  It feels like just yesterday he was on one knee at the St. George Utah LDS Temple asking me to marry him. 
  • Also, I'm slowly becoming an essential oils lover.  Seriously, they are the best.
And, that's about it.  More blog postage coming soon.  You can count on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!