Thursday, April 25, 2013

ahoy! it's a boy: a baby shower story

Between finals quickly approaching, me having spring cleaning fever and a billion other things happening, I have neglected you dear blog.  For that, I apologize.  There's a ton of things going on, some of which I really don't want to reveal just yet as not to jinx it (p.s., I'm not pregnant.  I get asked that question far too often), just know we're happy.  We're healthy.  We're blessed.

In the midst of all of life's craziness, I got to do something very therapeutic and something that I love...PARTY PLANNING!  My beautiful cousin, Rachel, is preggo with her first baby, a little boy due in June.  We decided the time was perfect to have a family get together and celebrate the baby to be.  I chose (after consulting with the gorgeous mama) to go with a nautical themed baby shower.  None of these pictures are good quality, all just taken with my iPhone, but I think everything came together in a really cute way.  







The cake and cupcakes show above were baked and decorated by yours truly.  I was so nervous!  I've never worked with fondant before, plus, the anchor cake is a gluten-free cake (the mama to be and I are both gluten intolerant) which has a very different texture then regular cake.  Overall, it came out well.  I definitely know how to adjust my recipes (i.e. the cake was just a little too dry for my tastes) and make things cleaner, but for a first try I am just glad it was presentable!

Hope all is well with you and yours.  Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blog world. I love you already!